What Is the Kia Sorento Towing Capacity?
If you’ve been searching for a well-equipped, safe, and fun-to-drive three-row SUV, this year’s Kia Sorento is probably on the top of your list. Drivers who’ve reached this point should also be glad to learn that the 2019 Kia Sorento can tow up to 5,000 pounds when properly equipped with a tow package. Take a closer look at the Kia Sorento towing capacity to find out which engines and options you’ll need to maximize its potential. Then, schedule a visit with Preston Kia to find out how it tows on the streets of Chardon and Middlefield.
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity By Engine
The baseline engine in the 2019 Kia Sorento is a 2.4-liter DOHC I-4 engine that runs with Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI). Drivers who upgrade beyond the baseline L trim will have the option to equip Dynamax™ Full-Time All-Wheel Drive, and those who upgrade past the LX will receive a 3.3-liter DOHC V-6, standard. Compare their specs and towing capacities below:
- 2.4-liter DOHC I-4
- 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque
- Front-Wheel Drive Towing Capacity: 2,000 pounds
- All-Wheel Drive Towing Capacity: 2,000 pounds
- 3.3-liter DOHC V-6
- 290 hp 252 lb-ft of torque
- Front Wheel Drive Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- All-Wheel Drive Towing Capacity: 5,000 pounds
Kia Sorento Towing Features
The engine isn’t the only component of the Kia Sorento that contributes to its excellent towing capabilities! Here’s what to look for on your tow-ready Kia Sorento:
- As noted above, Dynamax™ Full-Time All-Wheel Drive is available on the LX trim level and up. In addition to offering additional traction, this system utilizes an array of electronic sensors in order to distribute your power to the wheels that need it most.
- Those who opt for the all-wheel drive upgrade will also receive Torque Vectoring Cornering Control (TVCC), and a Locking Center Differential, standard. The former eliminates undesirable understeer and oversteer, while the latter improves your traction at low speeds.
Kia Sorento Safety Features
When you’re towing heavy cargo from Burton to Painesville, your Kia Sorento safety features will provide peace-of-mind and security. The following technologies are standard across all trims:
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
- Brake Assist System
- Hill Start Assist Control
Learn More About the Kia Sorento at Preston Kia
When you find a new Kia Sorento or a quality used SUV at Preston Kia near Chardon, our expert representatives can get you set up to tow in no time. And, while you’re here, why not learn more about the incredible Kia Sorento interior features. Explore our available Kia accessories to find the trailer hitch and exterior features to complete your Kia Sorento tow package, then reach out to schedule your test drive!
More About Kia Sorento Features
If you’ve been searching for a well-equipped, safe, and fun-to-drive three-row SUV, this year’s Kia Sorento is probably on the top of your list. Drivers who’ve reached this point should also be glad to learn that the 2019 Kia Sorento can tow up to 5,000 pounds when properly equipped with a tow package. Take a…