Kia Sportage vs. Ford Escape
When it comes to crossover comparisons, many Middlefield families may have narrowed down their choices to the 2019 Kia Sportage and the 2019 Ford Escape. Both are quality models that provide seating for five and plenty of cargo space for your next road trip, but the Sportage pulls ahead with more luxurious touches and a roomier cabin. See exactly how these two models stack up in our comparison at Preston Kia.
Crossover Interior Comparison
- Seating: The Kia Sportage interior comes standard with woven cloth seats and offers available leather seat trim for a more refined style. You’re sure to feel comfortable in the standard six-way adjustable driver’s seat, and the 60/40 split-folding seats have a 17-step recline. The Ford Escape offers cloth seating, a six-way manual driver seat, and 60/40 split-fold-flat rear seats.
- Dimensions: While the second row of an SUV can sometimes feel cramped, this isn’t the case for the Sportage. You get 39.1 inches of rear headroom, slightly more than the 39 inches in the Escape. There’s also 38.2 inches of legroom in the Kia vs. 37.3 in the Ford.
- Technology: Depending on the trim level and package you choose, the Sportage offers a bevy of technology features including a 5-inch, 7-inch, or 8-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Harman/Kardon® Premium surround sound system, rearview camera, and blind spot detection. The Ford Escape has an AM/FM/MP3 radio with six speakers and the SYNC® enhanced voice recognition communication and entertainment system.
Crossover Performance Comparison
- Engines: The standard Sportage specs include a 2.4L DOHC, 16-valve I-4 engine that’s paired with an Electronically Controlled 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive w/ Sportmatic® transmission. The Escape is equipped with a standard 2.5L iVCT I-4 engine.
- Fuel Efficiency: With the Sportage, you’ll get an EPA-estimated 23 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway with front-wheel drive and 21 mpg/city and 25 mpg/highway with all-wheel drive. The Escape gets 21 mpg/city and 29 mpg/highway.
- Drivetrain: Both SUVs have standard FWD and available AWD.
Will You Choose the Kia Sportage or Ford Escape?
While these SUVs share many similarities, the 2019 Kia Sportage offers Chagrin Falls drivers with more second-row space, greater fuel efficiency, and more standard features when compared to the Ford Escape. Contact us with any questions you have, then stop by our Burton showroom to experience the Sportage in person!